Click the Image Above to View More of the Interior
The interior is finished completely in tongue & grove knotty Pine, with two bathrooms, three sleeping areas, and additional space for children on the bow enclosure.
Each sleeping area has direct access to one of the two bathrooms without traveling through another sleeping cabin, as well as direct access to the outside dock.
At 44’ The Sunflower is the largest Lockmaster boat for rent on the Erie Canal.
Click Image to Enlarge
GALLEY: Central heat, stainless steel gas range and oven, stainless steel sink, electric refrigerator, cooking utensils, dinette converts to double bed, service and plenty of storage.
WATER: 100-gallon freshwater tank with pressurized hot-water system.
ENGINE: Diesel with single-lever control, ample fuel supplied for your week's hire.
ELECTRIC BOW THRUSTER: Standard equipment to assure safe and graceful lockings and dockings.
ELECTRICAL SUPPLY: 12V DC for refrigerator, lights, galley fan, pumps. A 110V AC inverter supplies three outlets for shaver or radio.
SHORE POWER: In addition to the ample battery/inverter system, the shore power connection automatically overrides the inverter to provide full 20 amps of 110V AC power from shoreside outlets.
LOUVERED WINDOWS: The window design allows cross ventilation in even the wettest weather.
ENCLOSED BOW: Cushioned benches in the canvas-covered bow offer fair-weather sleeping options. Screens and vinyl windows let in light and air, keeping flying guests
SLEEPING: Sunflower sleeps up to six adults comfortably. Bedding is included and our mattresses include an additional 1 1/2 inches of form for your comfort.
What are the rental fees to charter a Lockmaster Erie Canal boat?
• $2,650 for a week (Saturday 2PM through Saturday 9AM- 7 nights)
• $1,575 for ½ week (Saturday 2PM through Tuesday 2PM OR Wednesday 9AM through Saturday 9AM- both 3 nights)
How many does the boat sleep?
• Six comfortably. Two in the private aft master stateroom, two in the amidships bunk beds stateroom (kids love them), and two in the large convertible dinette. It is possible to sleep two using the bow as a v-birth.
What’s the current availability?
• Availability is constantly changing, contact email@example.com for up to date information. If you’re interested in a specific week and if it’s available we’ll hold it for you (2 weeks max) and get your reservation out to you. Review the reservation, sign it and return it with your deposit to secure your desired week.
Do you accept charge cards?
• No, you can use PayPal, if you use a credit card through PayPal there is a fee.
Where do you begin and end your trip?
• Rentals are round trip beginning at Waterloo, NY (Hidden Harbor Marina) and ending at Waterloo. We no longer offer one-way rentals.
How far can I go in a week?
• You travel east through the Montezuma Wildlife Refuge to the Erie Canal Junction, then you can travel west (most people do) to Rochester or east to Brewerton or north to Oswego. A good rule of thumb is 20 to 30 miles a day max with 20 being a average day of travel.
How fast does the boat go?
• The 63-horsepower diesel engine putts along all day long at about 6-7 MPH.
Can I pick the boat up earlier?
• Not usually. Boats are returned at 9AM Saturday and it takes us until 2PM to clean, refuel and ready the boat for you. If the boat is not rented before your cruise, we may be able to make special arrangements.
Is the Fuel Included?
• Yes, you won’t have to worry about refueling.
What other costs can I expect to pay?
• In addition to the fuel all canal travel permits are paid. Some towns (Fairport)charge a nominal fee to stay overnight. Some electrical hookups (Newark)require quarters for service. Most docking spaces are free. Meals can be cooked on board in the well-equipped galley or you can choose to eat at many of the fine restaurants along the canal. Shopping is also a possibility especially in Fairport and Pittsford. An insurance rider is available at $100 for each “captain.” We do request a $500 security deposit that’s returned within a week of your rental pending no damages.
Are pets allowed?
• Not normally, we will consider a dog under 30 lbs.
How many boats do you have?
• Low Bridge Charters is a semi-retirement business and I am operating one boat, the Sunflower, on the Canal. She is the longest and roomiest authentic style packet boat on the canal.
What do we need to bring with us?
• Clothes, food and drink. The Sunflower will have the rest on board.
Is there a fee for cleaning?
• No, we do not charge for cleaning. We only ask that you pick up trash and pull linens off the beds into a pile.
Is there an additional fee for more than 2 people?
• No we do not have additional or hidden fees.
A charter of the Sunflower for an Erie Canal cruise includes the following amenities with each boat rental.
pots and pans
salt & pepper
dust pan/ brush
What to Bring
Non-marking boat shoes
Casual, comfortable clothes
Camera and film
A fun-loving attitude!